[Alsa-devel] Linux v2.6.18-rc4, snd-aoa link error

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Wed Aug 9 22:29:38 EST 2006

Takashi Iwai wrote:
>> Yeah, I really should know :) But I'm not sure at the moment, and the
>> powermac I own is a few hundred kilometers away...
>>

> Don't worry, we can wait :)

Maybe someone on linuxppc-dev can quickly check? Does a G5 use
I2C_POWERMAC for access to the codecs? I think it does, but there are
other I2C busses as well.
>> That looks good to me, and should get rid of the build failure. However,
>> if one doesn't configure I2C_POWERMAC, no codec will ever be found at
>> runtime.
>>

> Yes, that's my concern, too.

I'm not sure how much we should force the users to a sensible
configuration ;) But I suppose selecting I2C_POWERMAC is fine for all
relevant machines for now.

johannes