Reg. Serial and Virtual consoles

Selvamuthukumar V v.selvamuthukumar at gdatech.co.in
Mon Aug 7 20:07:51 EST 2006

Hello,
I'm  working on a MPC8360 board. I've connected a VGA card in a PCI slot.
I modified the kernel commandline console parameters, and now I'm getting
all the kernel messages in both serial port and VGA. I modified the
/etc/inittab file and getting login prompt in VGA(virtual terminal). Is
keyboard is necessary to login via virtual terminal? Is there anyway to
select serial port as the input to the virtual terminal? I want to login
to the virtual terminal and want a shell in VGA. Please guide me in this
regard.

     -Selva