[RFC] New target 'cuImage' - compatibility uImage

Matthew McClintock msm at freescale.com
Fri Aug 4 06:31:52 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 22:23 +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > I'm referring to the zImage target as what the current method does.
> My
>
> This is highly confusing. zImage is a special make target, which  has
> NOTHING  to  do with U-Boot. Please don't use this name in the U-Boot
> context unleass you really mean it.

AFAIK, there are no other targets that include the bootwrapper code
other than zImage. It was a very nice starting point for me to explain
the differences. If you don't want to ask questions and have me try to
further clarify things I cannot help.

The 'cuImage' target as I described is *basically* the following:

$ make zImage
$ mkimage -A ppc -O linux -T kernel -C gzip -a 400000 -e 400010 -n
'Linux-2.6.18' -d arch/powerpc/boot/zImage arch/powerpc/boot/cuImage

> > The zImage can have a compressed kernel section or an uncompressed
>
> I stop parsing here. zImage has *nothing* to do with this topic.

Your loss.

-Matthew