please pull powerpc.git 'merge' branch

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sun Apr 30 01:19:36 EST 2006

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 04:15:10PM +1000, Paul Mackerras wrote:

> Anton Blanchard:
>       powerpc: Add cputable entry for POWER6

I never saw this posted to the list.

+#define PPC_FEATURE_ARCH_2_05 0x00001000

Previously we've said implementation instead of specification
("PPC_FEATURE_POWER5_PLUS" etc). That's better than saying base
architecture version, since there are parts of the arch that might or
might not be implemented (i.e. optional features, etc).

> Paul Mackerras:
>       powerpc/pseries: Tell firmware our capabilities on new machines

I never saw this one on the list either.

Don't you want to fall back to the ELF method if the prom call fails
(ret != 0)? Right you close and return.

-Olof