FT u-boot shim

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Apr 29 18:37:43 EST 2006

In message <20060429005231.GH458 at smtp.west.cox.net> you wrote:

> > In my understanding, 1. is with a shim; 2. is loading a separate  dtb
> > (probably  as  multi-file  image), and 3. is when U-Boot provides the
> > dtb. Am I missing something?
>
> I'm suggesting that we make 2 easier.  U-Boot needs the file mkuimage'd
> anyways.  Why not make it easier and make adding the dtb part of that
> step instead of a seperate load?  It's still quite easy to replace if
> you're testing new dtb's out.

But that's what I'm trying to  tell  you  all  the  time.  An  U-Boot
multi-file  image is a single file (=no separate load) which combines
several files (similar to a  tarball),  here  the  kernel  +  dtb  (+
eventually ramdisk).

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Shakespeare's Law of Prototyping: (Hamlet III, iv, 156-160)
        O, throw away the worser part of it,
        And live the purer with the other half.