FT u-boot shim

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Apr 29 09:55:02 EST 2006

In message <17490.42678.793678.267072 at cargo.ozlabs.ibm.com> you wrote:

> > > 2. using a u-boot that is ft aware + dtb (boot command in u-boot
> > > takes kernel & dtb images, updates blob and passes to kernel)
> > > 3. using a u-boot that is ft aware + built in dtb.
> I imagine 3. would be more convenient for users than 2., or at least
> it would seem to mean less typing for them.

This is not necessarily the case. We discussed that kernel & dtb
could be combined in what U-Boot calls a single "multi-file image".
>From the user's point of view there would be no difference to the
current state: he has to deal with a single image file, and needs
only it's start address in emory as argument to the "bootm" command.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Cleverness and Style have no place in getting a project completed.
                                                  -- Tom Christiansen