[U-Boot-Users] Re: FT u-boot shim

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 28 05:43:16 EST 2006

In message <44511C88.1010107 at smiths-aerospace.com> you wrote:

> A thought that keeps recurring (but I've suppressed because I don't have
> time to play...) is that it would be Really Cool[tm] to store the u-boot
> env variables in a flat tree and then pass the env/tree to linux.  It

If somebody wants to read the environment variables, you  don't  need
to create a flat tree from it.

Also, it doesn't solve the original problem as most of  the  informa-
tion  you  need to pass is NOT part of the environment (and shall not
become such a part).

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I thought my people would grow tired of killing. But you were  right,
they  see it is easier than trading. And it has its pleasures. I feel
it myself. Like the hunt, but with richer rewards.
	-- Apella, "A Private Little War", stardate 4211.8