85xx FDT updates?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 26 08:22:42 EST 2006

In message <D6F58AA4-54EA-44BF-A0B7-83397B115B27 at kernel.crashing.org> you wrote:

> > Some do. Some use them in products.
>
> Can you give a concrete example of this.

No, I cannot. Not in public.

> > Others (and not a small number)  use  them  for  testing  application
> > code. In your definition these are probably "end users", too.
>
> Then they can use the kernel the board comes with.

No, they cannot. Running different  kernel  versions  (including  old
ones,  eventually even 2.4) may be the key issue of their tests. Note
that this is something which does not require any modification to the
board - I can just TFTP the kernel image and boot it.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Weekends were made for programming.                 - Karl Lehenbauer