85xx FDT updates?

Eugene Surovegin ebs at ebshome.net
Tue Apr 25 17:49:02 EST 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 01:08:00AM -0500, Kumar Gala wrote:

> On Apr 24, 2006, at 5:31 PM, Dan Malek wrote:
>

> > On Apr 24, 2006, at 5:43 PM, Kumar Gala wrote:
> >
> >> However, I am against removing the arch/ppc support until the u-boot
> >> patches are picked up.  I think its bad form to give people a kernel
> >> they can't easily boot.
> >
> > What about systems that can't update u-boot, but want to run
> > a newer kernel?
>
> Does this situation exist for any in tree boards that are supported?

Kumar, with all due respect, I don't like this attitude. I can have
eval board where I don't want to upgrade firmware.

Also, this "let's screw everybody who doesn't have their board support
in tree" is very counter productive. FYI, almost all my contributed
kernel work was done on custom hardware, not on reference boards.

It seems some people here lost touch with reality - embedded Linux is
mostly run on custom hardware, not on evaluation boards.

--
Eugene