2.6.16 backtrace at boot (Ibook G4) (related to "PowerBook5,4 -- no sound?")

Michael Schmitz schmitz at zirkon.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Apr 21 17:22:16 EST 2006

> > Commenting out the -ENODEV return gives me working sound; didn't I mention
> > that?
>
> There is a proper patch in paulus tree.. it's basically the patch I
> posted with an extern declaration at the beginning of the macro before
> the EXPORT_SYMBOL.

Yep, I got that right; just wanted to report that this is the only problem
with sound I have in 2.6.17 (well, sound dies after changing the volume
with gtkpbbuttons while playing something in VLC, but that's not
necessarily 2.6.17 specific. Need to try 2.6.16 with that).

> Patch isn't in yet it seems.

No sweat - seems I'll need a bigger disk anyway before pulling another
update :-)

	Michael