question on why hvc_console calls hvc_poll() in hvc_handle_interrupt().

Ryan Arnold rsa at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 21 06:25:52 EST 2006

While on the topic of hvc_console; I think I saw a patch go through a
while ago that added hvc_poll() to hvc_handle_interrupt().  I can't say
I'm too pleased with that addition.  I did my best to keep locking
outside of the interrupt handler.

I wonder if that change was tested on a power5 lpar system with several
secondary VSerial Server adapters (hvc1-hvcn) being hammered with data.
I'm pretty paranoid about deadlock, hence the reason for keeping locking
out of the int. handler.
--
Ryan S. Arnold <rsa at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center