[patch][rfc]flattened device tree: Passing a dtb (blob) to Linux.

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Fri Apr 21 01:42:28 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 13:04, Michael Ellerman wrote:

> > OK, I'm back to reading the list and beginning to catch
> > up some here...
> >
> > Let me see if I understand the consensus and direction:
> >
> >     1) DTC should NOT reserve its own blob space in the
> >        memory map, as it does for generated ASM code now,

> > In all of this, I'm on deck for step 1) above.

I have updated the DTC to have several bug fixes:

    - asm_emit_cell() little endian bug fix
    - use two .long and not .quad directives
    - Eliminate emitting memreserve for blob in ASM output

These updates are available here:

    www.jdl.com/git_repos
and
    git://ozlabs.org/srv/projects/dtc/dtc.git

Please verify and let me know of any problems!

> Nice summary :)

Thanks.

> I'm up for 3a, we should make redundant/overlapping reserves "harmless",
> by which I mean "not an error", but there should definitely be a warning
> in the dmesg - as it will _usually_ indicate a bug.

Please feel free to patch these into existence as needed! :-)

Thanks,
jdl