patch for powerpc lparcfg.c

Carl Love cel at us.ibm.com
Sat Apr 15 10:16:02 EST 2006

Nathan Lynch:

Oops, lost the cc line the last time.

I wasn't aware that the partition name was already being printed in
the /proc/device-tree.  Yes, my tool could use that entry.  It just
means opening multiple locations to get all the information.  I will go
ahead and use it since it is there.

The patch becomes a bit more academic.  The question becomes, should the
partition name also be printed in /proc/ppc64/lparcfg along with the
rest of the partition information?  Seems like a good idea to me since
it makes the information in lparcfg more complete.  I will leave it up
to the maintainers to decide.

I have reattached the updated patch in case anyone cares.

Thanks for letting me know where I can get the partition name.

                  Carl Love