[patch][rfc]flattened device tree: Passing a dtb (blob) to Linux.

Michael Ellerman michaelellerman at internode.on.net
Thu Apr 13 21:07:14 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 06:37 -0400, Jimi Xenidis wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2006, at 1:36 AM, Michael Neuling wrote:
>
> > Hey Jimi,

> >> This reservation is only generated for "asm" dtc targets so it is
> >> only that case that need to be changed.
> >
> > The user space kexec tools create a reserve map entry for the blob as
> > well.
> good point, but I thought the kexec tools used dtc, no?

No, but they should.

> looking passed my own world I see:
>    - iSeries: not reserving the blob at all

That sounds right. I think having the kernel do it is definitely the
right option.

cheers

--
Michael Ellerman
IBM OzLabs

wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person