[0/10]: Clean up boot time console messages

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Thu Apr 13 06:18:24 EST 2006

Here's a series of patches that removes a bunch of console messages during PPC
boot. They are moved to KERN_DEBUG instead, which means that:

1. They will still be in dmesg.
2. If needed for debugging, they can be enabled by adding "loglevel=8" to the
boot command line.

But for most uses, I don't see how these messages really add value to the user.
The information is normally available at other places, and mostly needed when
trying to figure out why something doesn't work right.

Since these are all janitorial, I'd appreciate them being queued for 2.6.18.

-Olof