MV64x60 watchdog timer driver updates

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Fri Sep 30 06:36:47 EST 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 01:32:21PM -0500, Corey Minyard wrote:
> James looked at an earlier version and said it was ok, and suggested
> a few changes.  This has been tested against 2.6.14-rc2 on a Katana.
>
> Note that the bus_clk value from the platform information seems to
> be in MHZ, but the actual frequency is generally 133,333,333, not
> 133,000,000.  I don't think the inaccuracy matters here, but it seems
> a little odd.

Yes, it makes more sense to me to pass the actual frequency and not do
the '* 1000000'.

Also--I should have thought of this earlier--there should probably be a
patch to add a default platform_data entry in arch/ppc/syslib/mv64x60.c
and a patch for katana.c if the defaults in mv64x60.c aren't correct
for the katana.  At least, that's how things are done now.

Mark