Starting the arch/powerpc merge

Daniel Ostrow dostrow at gentoo.org
Wed Sep 28 03:29:43 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 10:43 -0600, Christopher Friesen wrote:
> Daniel Ostrow wrote:
> > Anything in
> > the 6.8.2 range (which is what is stable) has been working fine for a
> > long long time under a pure 64-bit env.
>
> What about mixed 32-bit userspace and 64-bit kernel?
>
> Chris

The way I set that up is still young...and has some issues (most of
which should be fixed by the ppc && ppc64 -> powerpc merge). From what I
have tested, it does work perfectly fine with 6.8.2...I haven't run into
any issues. I maintain that profile so if there are issues please take
them off this list...feel free to send them to ppc64 at gentoo.org or open
a bug at bugs.gentoo.org and assign it to the ppc64 group. I'll see it
either way.

Thanks,