Reminder: removal of APUS and Gemini still pending

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Mon Sep 19 19:10:46 EST 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 08:01:44AM +1000, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> That sounds like a mistake to me...
>
> > get proper changesets with attribution instead of a big patch (the plan
> > is to forward-merge the changes until after the transition, then turn
> > them back into a diff and apply them step by step).
>
> One of the things I particularly want to do is to remove the special
> cases in the virtual<->physical address translations for APUS.
> Perhaps the sparsemem or discontigmem code could be used instead?

The apus codedrop Sven put into the Debian Kernel SVN repo has this
removed, see:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/kernel/dists/trunk/linux-2.6/debian/patches-debian/powerpc-apus.patch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

even if apus folks don't want to merge now all the core touching parts
of that patch should go in as they clanup the ifdef APUS mess quite a
lot.