Parameter RAM Conflict of SCC1 SPI & Ethernet

shrisha.prasad at in.abb.com shrisha.prasad at in.abb.com
Wed Oct 19 15:09:43 EST 2005

Hi all,

The MPC862 UM Errata mentions that there is possiblity to solve
ParameterRAM Conflict without a Microcode patch .
I am working on a SerialEEPROM SPI Driver for mpc862
 my driver needs to do is read the chip number from SPROM and calculate
the MAC address
The SPI  mpc8xx is interfaced to 9346 eeprom for this and I want to
retrieve the MAC address

The errata tells that no patch  required for relocation ,but using some
trick you can avoid it

I am using the UBoot SPI Driver code for MPC8xx ,Do I need to modify the
code in order to suit my requirements

Since I am a newbie in kernel programming ,some help is requested .

Regards