2.6.13 ati (ibook) frambuffer problem

Joerg Dorchain joerg at dorchain.net
Tue Oct 18 18:49:35 EST 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 07:44:26AM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > The 2.6.12 version worked. Would it make sense to post the complete
> > .config?

I got 2.6.13.4 booting. The last change I did was deselecting
CONFIG_FB_TILEBLITTING. Unfortunately, I have no idea how this actually
affects the ATI frambebuffer.

To make it even more strange, after reenabling CONFIG_FB_TILEBLITTING,
it still boots up cleanly. Obviously, I missed out on something.

Besides, I have the impression that the disk reacts slower. As hdparm
does not tell a difference, it might be due the coffein, tough.

> Nope. What may help is a bit more debugging. For example, does the
> kernel actually boots if you add "video=ofonly" to the kernel command
> line.

No effect.

Well, the good point is, it works again. The bad point, I do not know
why. Anyway, thanks for the support.

Bye,

Joerg