clock skew on B/W G3

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Tue Oct 4 00:18:14 EST 2005

CONFIG_HZ is not broken, but the whole clock configuration is.
(I poseded something about it for 8260 earlier this summer)

Basic problem is that CLOCK_TICK_RATE which is used for setting up the
variables used for advancing the clock, is hardcoded to a value that
only makes sence for an i386. (it is default set at 1193180Hz which
happens to be the timer clock for timer1 on an i386 machine)

Another problem here is that that value apparently hve to be #define'd
which means you cannot insert the decrementer frequency from the
boot-loader either.