PPC32 memory models

Andy Whitcroft apw at shadowen.org
Tue Nov 29 06:06:11 EST 2005

It seems that there is some confusion over what we should be supporting
memory model wise for PPC32 under powerpc architecture.  The current
Kconfig limits you to only SPARSEMEM which isn't parameterised for PPC32
at all.  Are we expecting to be able to support PPC32 as yet in this
architecture?  If so it seems we have a couple of issues with the Kconfig.

Attached is a patch to enable FLATMEM and disable SPARSEMEM for PPC32
which seems to be the working combinations.  It may well not be what is
intended.  But I offer it to start discussions.

Comments.

-apw