2.6.14 USB vs. sleep issues

Eddy Petrisor eddy.petrisor at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 08:47:46 EST 2005

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 22:58 +0100, Bin Zhang wrote:
>
>>On 11/3/05, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
>>
>>>For those who experience crashes on sleep and/or wakeup (typically due
>>>to USB) with 2.6.14, I made a test patch that might help. Please let me
>>>know if it makes things more reliable.
>>>

>>I've tried your patch with usb wifi dlink dwl-g122 (my eth1). It works.
>>There are some differences in /var/log/syslog :
>

> I have another patch tho:

With this patch the kernel panics on my PowerBook 5,2

I made a few pictures with my phone and I can put them smewhere, if needed.

I will try tonight the third patch you proposed and the kernel is
compiling now...

BTW, is there any difference between the resulted .ko files when made with:

make SUBDIRS=drivers/usb/core

make SUBDIRS=drivers/usb/core modules

and what the make command ran from the root of the kernel source?

--
Regards,
EddyP