Oops in snd-powermac on powerbook 3400

vinai vroopcha at mcw.edu
Mon May 23 03:12:33 EST 2005

> On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 23:35 -0400, Keenan Pepper wrote:
>> I fixed it!
>>
>> I changed it to use the same device node for sound as for
>> chip->node, and it started beeping at me! Apparently sometime
>> between 2.6.8 and 2.6.12-rc3 the KIOCSOUND ioctl was implemented,
>> because it sure didn't beep before.
>>
>> BTW, this is the first time I've ever fixed a kernel bug.
>
> Ok, I think your patch was whitespace damaged, so I re-did it by hand
> ;)
>
> Here's the result. Please test. Also, other people around, please test
> if with this patch, snd-powermac works, especially on oldworld
> machines!
>
> I'll submit upstream tomorrow hopefully.
>
> Ben.

My apologies for only now replying to this, but I can confirm the patch
that originally accompanied the above e-mail also worked fine on my
8500, I'm listening to an audio CD as I type this ;-)

I just got back to playing around, and patched 2.6.11 up to 2.6.12-rc4
and did not see this patched included, so I thought I'd try to include
it myself locally.  Nice work all :)

cheers
vinai