how is flow in linux right from bootstrap program

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 12 18:29:42 EST 2005

In message <20050512074751.GH21217 at scorpius.homelinux.org> you wrote:

> The only thing that you need to know IIRC is that the boot address is at
> 0xfff00000. I believe that's fixed. If your bootloader is placed there,

No, it is not. Assuming we're talking about PowerPC systems only:  it
may  be  at 0x0100 on some systems, or 0xFFF00100 on others, orit may
be configurable (for example with a jumper) to  be  either  of  these
addresses, or it may be 0xFFFFFFFC on other processors.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Harrisberger's Fourth Law of the Lab:
	Experience is directly proportional to the
	amount of equipment ruined.