Laptop sleep & current "git" tree

Ian Wienand ianw at gelato.unsw.edu.au
Wed May 4 08:22:00 EST 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 08:15:33AM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> I would appreciate extensive testing, provided you figure out how to
> retreive the "git" repository from kernel.org :) There must be some
> howto somewhere, but I'm afraid I don't have a link at hand.

It's so far working well for me on an 800Mhz iBook (750fx) after quite
a few sleep and resume cycles.

Is there a fix in the works for the Radeon timing thing that makes the
screen go a little weird on wakeup?

FWIW, the two step way to get the git tree I followed was

wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/cogito/cogito-0.8.tar.bz2
(install, modify path in Makefile if you want)

cd /usr/src
mkdir linux-2.6-git
cd linux-2.6-git
cg-init rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git

-i
ianw at gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au