[patch 1/4] delete unused file arch_ppc_kernel_find_name.c

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Mon Mar 7 20:13:09 EST 2005

Joerg Dorchain writes:

> To me it looks more like a devloper aid than a kernel file. Ok, it
> functionality could be replaced by a grep -C, but really delete it?

Last time I looked, grep didn't have the ability to find a string that
isn't in the file.  The address you are searching for might be between
two addresses listed in System.map, in which case find_name.c will
print the symbol corresponding to the lower of the two addresses.  Not
that I use find_name.c myself.  I agree that arch/ppc/kernel is a bad
place for it too.

Paul.