Booting the linux-ppc64 kernel & flattened device tree v0.4

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Fri Jun 3 18:19:41 EST 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 05:09:18PM +1000, David Gibson wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 06:26:30PM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > DO NOT REPLY TO ALL LISTS PLEASE ! (and CC me on replies).
> >
> > Here's the fourth version of my document along with new kernel patches
> > for the new improved flattened format, and the first release of the
> > device-tree "compiler" tool. The patches will be posted as a reply to
> > this email. The compiler, dtc, can be downloaded, the URL is in the
> > document.
>
> [snip]
>
> > IV - "dtc", the device tree compiler
> > ====================================
>

> > dtc source code can be found at
> > <http://ozlabs.org/~dgibson/dtc/dtc.tar.gz>
>
> I've just updated the dtc tarball with a new version.  Notable
> changes:
> 	- Corrected comment parsing
> 	- Corrected handling of #address-cells, #size-cells properties
> 	- Input from device tree blobs should actually work now
> 	- Corrected autogeneration of "name" properties in blob/asm
> 	  output version < 0x10
> 	- Added a TODO list

And yet another.  Notable changes:
	- Basic generation of the reserve map in blob output, use -R
	  command line option to leave space for a number of reserve
	  map entries to be filled in by bootloader.
	- Rewrite blob and assembler output to better share code, and
	  produce more readable assembler output.

http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson