ppc32: Rework power management take #3

Wolfram Quester wolfi at mittelerde.physik.uni-konstanz.de
Thu Jun 2 23:05:02 EST 2005

Hi,

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 11:59:14PM +0200, Mickael Royer wrote:
> Hi Ben
>
> > Ok, the patch is now getting "good enough" for wider testing. It applies
> > on current "git" tree (or 2.6.12-rc6 when/if that is ever released).
>
> I have just tested your patch with the 2.5.12-rc5-git5 on the new powerbook 12".
> And yes, the suspend to disk works very well, even if X is running (I
> report my problem with X and the suspend to disk with a 2.6.12-rc4 in
> another discussion).
> It is really good.
>
> Thanks for your good job Ben.
>
> Mickael
>
> On 5/30/05, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> > Ok, the patch is now getting "good enough" for wider testing. It applies
> > on current "git" tree (or 2.6.12-rc6 when/if that is ever released). It
> > requires one other patch to be applied first:
> >
> > http://gate.crashing.org/~benh/ppc32-remove-macserial.diff
> >
> > The PM patch itself can be found at:
> >
> > http://gate.crashing.org/~benh/ppc32-rework-pm.diff
> >
> > This patch completely reworks both suspend-to-ram and suspend-to-disk
> > support on PowerMac:

Today I applied the two mentioned patches to rc5-git6. There were quite
a lot of offsets and one time fuzz 2 (hunk 10 in via-pm.c). But still I
get a freeze on my PowerBook6,2 (12", 1Ghz from Dec. 2004) when I
suspend to disk from X. If I suspend from tty1 the first time, the
following suspends work well even from X.

Thanks for your work,

Wolfi