PATCH: Add memreserve to DTC

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Fri Jul 15 17:19:24 EST 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 03:03:47PM -0500, Jon Loeliger wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 23:06, David Gibson wrote:
> > [snip]
> > >
> > > If you'd like, I'll do this work.
> >
> > That would be helpful.  You'll need to rediff, though, I merged a
> > couple of bugfixes from your patch that weren't directly related to
> > the memreserve stuff.
>
> David,
>
> Here is an updated version of the patch that obsoletes
> the previous one I submitted.  I have incorporated all
> of your syntactic suggestions except not using the
> split-64 values (ie, this still uses 'struct data').
> It primarily merges in the changes that you adopted
> from earlier and implements a new structure at the
> base of the parse tree to hold both the device tree
> and the header information.  I called that new stucuture
> 'struct header_tree'.  Feel free to dream up something
> better. :-)

Ok, I've merged this, although I've tweaked things substantially in
the process.  I did rename "header_tree" to "boot_info", moved some
things around, and changed the syntax.  Reserve ranges can now be
specified either as an address and length:

	/memreserve/	10000000 00002000;

or as an (inclusive) address range:

	/memreserve/	10000000-10001fff;

I am a bit worried that those two forms may be hard to distinguish at
a glance.  Any sugggestions for changes to the syntax soon please, I'd
really like to keep the source syntax as stable as possible.

http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson