consistent_alloc() on PPC

Sachin P sachinpc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 03:30:47 EST 2005

Hi,
Thanks a lot to all of you for the help .
The following is a more clearer version of the problem I am facing :

1.I am porting drivers from X86 (running Linux 2.4-20) to
  PPC platform running (Montevista Linux-2.4.20).
2.In  wrapper function for DMA allocation, I am using
  consistent_alloc() to allocate the memory. This function gives me
  both the virtual-address as well as the dma-address.
  I pass both these values to the upper-level drivers.
3. However , once the upper-level drivers are done with the memory
   they call the wrapper function for free dma and pass only the dma
   address and not the virtual-address. However consistent_free()
   accepts only virtual-address.
   Hence I need a way to convert the dma address to the
   virtual-address.

Regards
sachin