[FYI] linux 2.6 still not working with PReP (ppc32)

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 6 04:39:08 EST 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 06:10:22PM +0100, Christian wrote:

> yes, it's booting, but i get timeouts here on my PReP (however Marc says,
> that he does not get errors). would you be so kind and publish the .config
>  too?
>
> > Did you try :
> >
> >   http://people.debian.org/~luther/prep/d-i-2005.01.03-prep
> >

> and Sven: nice d-i, really. but i couldn't see any config for this kernel
> either. it would be nice if you could put the config somewhere too.

It is the standard powerpc debian kernel. apt-get install
kernel-image-2.6.8-powerpc, and you will find the config in
/boot/config-2.6.8-powerpc. All the rest of the stuff can be found in the
debian kernel svn repo :

  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/kernel/trunk/kernel/

> mine are here, now with SCSI enabled too and thus errors showing up:
>
> http://www.nerdbynature.de/bits/hal/daily/configs/config-ppc-2.6.10
> http://www.nerdbynature.de/bits/hal/daily/boot/dmesg-2.6.10
>
> (but network is fine now ;-))

Well, i am really interested to know if the above debian kernel boots for you
or not. And to find the patches that fix it if it doesn't.

Friendly,

Sven Luther