43p-140 install issues

Ulrich Teichert krypton at ulrich-teichert.org
Wed Jan 5 02:23:50 EST 2005

Hi,

>I gave Leigh's 2.4.22 a try. It gave me the same result with the
>debian root disk:
>
>VFS: Insert root floppy and press ENTER
>
>FAT: bogus logical sector size 1981
>FAT: bogus logical sector size 1981
>read_super_block: can't find a reiserfs filesystem on (dev 02:00,
>block 64, size 1024)
>read_super_block: can't find a reiserfs filesystem on (dev 02:00,
>block 8, size 1024)
>Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 02:00

Could you try to format them before dd'ing on them, like fdformat /dev/fd0h1440?
I am not sure if that will change anything, though.

>Tonight I'll grab a different root floppy and see what happens.
>
>Leigh's 2.4.22 will also boot the system installed on /dev/sdb1,
>however it also stopped responding after awhile. I think it lasted
>longer than with 2.4.19.

I am begining to believe that there is some sort of hardware problem with your
box or it is an upgraded version which was a -140 in it's previous life, but my
-140 is rock solid with Leigh's 2.4.19 kernel - once it's up, that is.
I will leave it running tonight to see what happens,

HTH,
Uli
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert at gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Suicide Drive (The Deep Eynde)
24539 Neumuenster, Germany|Public Pervert (Interpol) Clé De Contact (Metal Urbain)