isochronous mode of USB audio device on MPC5200

Sylvain Munaut tnt at 246tNt.com
Sun Jan 2 09:19:13 EST 2005

Hi Benny

What version of the kernel ?

In the last 2.4 I built ( quite a while ago ... ) there was a flaw
in the handling of the hwPSW field in the OHCI driver when on big-endian
platform. Since this field is only used fot Isochronous the problem
didn't show up before.

The fields were assume by the kernel to be in this order

hwPSW[0]
hwPSW[1]
hwPSW[2]
hwPSW[3]

But in fact since the figure in ohci spec shows this array not as an
array of 16bits fields but as an array of 32bits integer, each containing
two hwPSW[] in little endian order, they ended up implemented in the order

hwPSW[1]
hwPSW[0]
hwPSW[3]
hwPSW[2]

(fscked up isn't it ? ;)

And that was not taken into account ...

I notified W.Denk about the problem a while ago, don't know if any
action has been taken.

Sylvain Munaut