Power PC 440GX Jumbo Packets EMAC2/3

zDL Linux PPC linuxppc at 4bridgeworks.com
Fri Feb 25 00:55:33 EST 2005

Gerhard,

> [SNIPSNAP]
> > > idea is to either
> > > forceably fragment
> > > uses the exact size
> > >
> > > Have you applied Matt Porters patch? It has been submitted at
> > > the beginning
> > > of this month?
> >
> > No I haven't seen it on either of these lists, do you know
> where I can find
> > it
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Browse the linuxpp-embedded archive list, I think it was
> around the 9th
> of february...
> or try this one
> http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2005-February/00
1260.html

Thanks for this however it is not the problem I am experiencing at present,
my problem is with the TX and not the RX side of things, I have added debug
and the ibm_emac_core prints out that the packet has been transmitted,
however I see nothing at the other end when you transmit a packet of tx fifo
size bytes from the PPC 440 GX, packets of <tx fifo size or >tx fifo size
are transmitted fine from the PPC 440 GX, so long as you do not transmit a
packet of Tx fifo size.

Thanks