make -j12 all fails in uImage target

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Feb 7 10:43:11 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 23:53 +0100, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> The problem is that the images/ sub directory is visited before the
> prerequisites are finished.
> I have no good way to debug this - I can see it based on the Makefile and
> the output Olaf included.
>
> Also the problem Olaf describe is just a cp of a half finished file.

We had a similar problem with paul recently where the build worked but
the resulting zImage contained a corrupted file as the
objcopy/gzip/whatever wasn't fully finished when the zImage file got
linked.

> So the fix is to let the images/ directory depends on the rest of the
> directories.
>
> Something like this may do the trick:

We should maybe also have an explicit dependency on vmlinux no ? Or is
this handled already for the boot dir as a whole ?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org>