back trace when a SIGSEGV

Dustin Lang dalang at cs.ubc.ca
Mon Dec 5 12:20:08 EST 2005

Hi,

> You don't need to play the cop on this list, nobody appointed you to
> that position.

Fair enough.  But do you think my reply, over all, was unreasonable?[1] I
made an attempt to answer his question, pointing out two of the most
useful resources.  I also told him that his question wasn't really suited
to the list - I would have listed some better resources but I'm not
familiar with any - but I tried to write a balanced,
gentle-push-in-the-right-direction, sort of message.  Re-reading the
snippet you highlighted, it does sound rude.  It wasn't meant to be.
(Roberto, please accept my apologies!)

Anyway, I'll go back to my lurking now.

Cheers,
dstn.

[1] Rhetorical question.  If you feel like replying, can I suggest we take
it off-list?  (Not trying to be a list-cop or anything, of course... :)