RFC: proposed arch/powerpc directory structure

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Fri Aug 12 09:29:57 EST 2005

On Aug 11, 2005, at 7:07 PM, Kumar Gala wrote:

> ......  The idea being that we might be able to build kernels in
> either directory that supported a large number of boards with one
> image.

Please don't go there :-)  I'm having enough trouble meeting reasonable
performance goals in 2.6 on embedded systems that I don't need the
overhead
of code bloat or extra cycles to determine what board I'm on.  Contrary
the belief of developers, products don't have the resource wealth we see
on these evaluation and ODM boards.  Embedded products still require
we build kernels (and everything else) as concisely and efficient as
possible.

Thanks.

	-- Dan