RFC: proposed arch/powerpc directory structure

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Thu Aug 11 03:01:34 EST 2005

On Aug 10, 2005, at 12:45 PM, Becky Bruce wrote:

> ....  Listed below are the proposed directories, along with a
> description of the logical contents, as well as a description of which
> existing files will be moved into these directories.

I think this is fine, but I'd like to make a suggestion about the file
names themselves.
Since we have platform directories for a specific processor type or
core, can we
change the file names a little?  For example, if I'm in the
platforms/82xx directory,
I don't need to prepend every file with mpc82xx_ or ppc82xx- or
whatever.  We
know that's what it is, let's try to use the file names to be more
descriptive of what's
inside of them.  Regardless of the build or management tools we use, I
still find it
nice to keep a concise file name that is still descriptive, and take
advantage of
the directory structure names to assist with this.

Thanks.

	-- Dan