Merging ppc32 and ppc64

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Aug 9 23:30:42 EST 2005

Yes, and that is exactly what I do not want.  We are not going
to require OF implementations that do not need yaboot or similar
to pass a flattened device tree to the kernel, eh?  Also, there
is no reason why something like yaboot (with an OF still running
underneath) should have to care about anything device-tree related
at all; the OS can just as easily ask the OF itself.

Segher