gdbserver problem on powerpc.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 27 00:38:37 EST 2005

In message <BPEMKMADCCCPHPEDDKOOCEDLCEAA.surendra.yadav at softdel.com> you wrote:

> I downloaded gdb-6.0 and cross compiled gdbserver for powerpc platform.
>
> When gdbserver I tried to run gdbserver it gives "No such file or
> directory".

Did you link gdbserver statically, or are you using shared libraries?
Is any other application using the same  libraries  working  on  your
target?

> But I can see this file is present in the bin directory. Even I tried
> precompiled binary from ELDK but that also does not work and gives the same
> message. Can any one suggest what is the wrong?

The ELDK's gdbserver is dynamically linked:

-> ppc_8xx-ldd /opt/eldk/ppc_8xx/usr/bin/gdbserver
        libthread_db.so.1 => /opt/eldk-3.1/ppc_8xx/lib/libthread_db.so.1
	libc.so.6 => /opt/eldk-3.1/ppc_8xx/lib/libc.so.6
	ld.so.1 => /opt/eldk-3.1/ppc_8xx/lib/ld.so.1

Make sure to include the required libraries and /lib/ld.so.1 in  your
target filesystem.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
CONSUMER NOTICE:  Because  of  the  "Uncertainty  Principle,"  It  Is
Impossible  for  the  Consumer  to  Find  Out  at  the Same Time Both
Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.