Sound drivers for newer machines: need help

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Apr 9 10:31:14 EST 2005

Hi !

If you have a newer machine, that is a machine released on or after
2002, can you please send me the output of:

echo `cat /proc/device-tree/model`

and

for i in `find /proc/device-tree -name layout-id -print`; do echo $i && hexdump -n4 $i; done

If the later returns nothing, it's fine, just tell me.

I'm especially interested in the various models of G5 based machines. It
seems apple is having all sorts of very different sound HW setups on
those machines, and I'm trying to figure out exactly what is where based
on those infos and the darwin sources.

Ben.