Linux 2.6.x on 8xx status

Smith, Craig craig.d.smith at siemens.com
Fri Sep 17 04:56:18 EST 2004

Hello,
Can someone please tell me the current "status" of the
2.6.9-rc2 kernel source (a bitkeeper clone of linuxppc-2.5)?
I can compile and run it (with a minor modification to fec.c),
but I see random "Oops: kernel access of bad area" messages
when init runs, or other busybox tools run. Sometimes I boot
up (same file system etc.) and I see no errors. I can provide
more details if anyone's interested.

Right now, I just want to know if I should expect to see funny
behavior from this particular source tree on an 8xx platform or
should it work OK? Thanks so much.

Regards,
-Craig