SCC UART -"tx interrupt buffer pointer"

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Fri Oct 22 06:09:53 EST 2004

On Oct 21, 2004, at 3:12 PM, Jeff Angielski wrote:

> ..... The "Tx interrupt buffer pointer" in the SCC parameter
> ram was outside the range of valid buffer addresses.

That's not exactly outside of the range.  It is just one byte past
the end of the last buffer, which will get reset when it reads
the first BD.  Don't confuse yourself by looking at that internal
data.  Without knowledge of the microcode, it can be misleading :-)

> There are 4 buffers starting at: 0x00194284, 0x001942a4, 0x001842c4,
> and
> 0x001842e4.

I hope these are typos.  The last two should be 0x001942c4, and
0x001942e4.  If they aren't, something is really broken.

	-- Dan