SCC UART hang

Jeff Angielski jangiels at speakeasy.net
Mon Oct 18 14:01:38 EST 2004

I am seeing a problem on my EP8260 board whereby my SCC2 UART is
sometimes hanging under heavy load.

I am using the latest DENX kernel.

My SCC2 UART is configured with no flow control.  I am trying to get it
to work with 115k and 230k baud rates.

When it hangs:  I no longer see any SCC UART interrupts, my test
application that is transmitting/receiving the data is idle, and
sometimes the application reports that it has received more data than
was actually transmitted...

I'll attach my little test program before anybody asks how I am doing
the testing.  It is pretty straightforward.  Most of the code is to help
collect the data and make the output user friendly.

Anybody run into anything similar or have any ideas on what may be
causing the problem?

Thanks,
Jeff Angielski