kernel crash with G5 Xserve and sungem driver

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Oct 2 05:46:30 EST 2004

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 01:42:44PM -0600, Chris Friesen wrote:
> Harald Welte wrote:
>
> >Just don't compile (or load) the sungem driver on those boxes.
>
> Hmm.  That's a pain.  We've got G5 desktops too, and it would be nice to be
> able to run one kernel for both.  It'd be better (IMHO) to fix the driver
> so it doesn't crash.

I recommend talking to Bejamin Herrenschmidt, IIRC he already had
something in mind in order to fix the issue.

I mean, you can always hardcode some exemption into the driver, that's
two easy lines ;)

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>               http://www.gnumonks.org/
Programming is like sex: One mistake and you have to support it your lifetime