Large PCI region mapping 8272

Milligan, Keath kmilligan at austin.polycom.com
Tue Nov 23 03:15:23 EST 2004

Well, I've confirmed that I have the right platform files and I've enabled
debugging in most of the related files.

At this point, I am specifically concerned about code in
arch/ppc/kernel/mpc10x_common.c and m8260_setup.c.

In mpc10x_common.c there is a setup switch statement that has the following
case for the 8272ADS:

#if defined CONFIG_MPC8272ADS || defined CONFIG_ADS8266
		case MPC10X_MEM_MAP_826x:
			pci_init_resource(&hose->io_resource,
#if 0 /* zhx */
					0xe0000000,
					0xeeffffff,
#else
					0xa0000000,
					0xafffffff,
#endif
					IORESOURCE_IO,
					"PCI host bridge");

			pci_init_resource (&hose->mem_resources[0],
					0x80000000,
					0x9fffffff,
					IORESOURCE_MEM,
					"PCI host bridge");
			break;

This seems to be limiting resources to a0000000-afffffff and
80000000-9fffffff. Does anyone know where these hard-coded values come from?

Also in m8260_setup.c, more hard-coded ranges appear in m8260_map_io().

These would seem to suggest the 8272ADS is pretty limited on the amount of
PCI-mapped memory that it can handle.