TEST: Sleep suppport for iBook G4 & Aluminium PowerBooks (ATI based)

Armando Di Cianno fafhrd at gentoo.org
Sun Nov 21 14:00:16 EST 2004

On 2004-11-20 19:01:08 -0500 Benjamin Herrenschmidt
<benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> Here's a 3rd version. It may or may not help, as I didn't have a
> chance
> to test this one on either albook or ibook g4 yet. I added saving and
> restoring of a few more registers that may fix the Xv problem (or
> not...
> depends what X does at this point) and eventually some corruption
> problem (the bandwidth related registers weren't restored).
>
> It also adds an unrelated fix to the cpufreq code for powerbooks using
> PMU-based frequency switching which would occasionally cause hangs at
> boot.

Using 'NoAccel' in xorg.conf seems to hide the symptoms of the bug, or
remove the bug.

However, without that option, with this patch, the problem seems "less
bad", if that's even possible.  It takes longer for the root window to
get "ridiculously speckled."  Not sure if that info helps at all. :-)

Not sure if I mentioned that, the first patch (the one sent a couple
weeks ago) did not seem to have this problem.

Thanks,
__Armando Di Cianno