netgear MA111 v2

Dustin Lang dalang at cs.ubc.ca
Sat Nov 20 10:36:47 EST 2004

Hi,

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert here, just someone with a working
wireless-USB device on linux-ppc.

>From a brief web search, it looks like the support for SiS162 is not
great.  If a (good) driver doesn't exist, you're just out of luck, unless
you want to try to find specs for the chipset and then write something
yourself (or wait for someone else to do it).  If you can, take it back
and buy a different adapter.  There are several USB wireless devices that
work well.  Look on the web for someone reporting that a given device
works, and make sure you get exactly the right revision.  I have a Linksys
WUSB 11 (I forget which rev) and it works great.

Cheers,
dstn