Large PCI region mapping 8272

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 21:34:20 EST 2004

> Could someone point me in the right direction to getting everything
> initialized and mapped correctly?

I had the same impression (that the PCI initialisation) was not quite
right. After some investigation, it was me that used a wrong platform
file (overzealous deleting and copying to minimise custom code).

>From what I understand (after a brief look in the files), most of the
changes can be localised in that file.

You can enable debugging in  (IIRC) -#define DEBUG-
arch/ppc/kernel/pci.c
to have a more verbose look at what is happening.

The same goes for quircks.c and pci.c (in drivers/ somewhere).

In any case, the pci mapping calls your platform dependent fixes.

--
ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul